Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wendy goes to Gastown!



by Wendy Simms


The Velo Bella - Kona road girls were in my neck of the woods so I figured I HAD to go cheer them on for at least one race of BC Superweek. I was actually hoping to race with them to learn a thing or two, but two big mountain bike races on both weekends left me with the reality check that I can't do everything. But....I am a strong spectator when it comes to crits so tour de Gastown was my destination Wednesday night - along with 30,000 other spectators.



Unfortunately the girls had some bad luck off the start with Jane and Sarah going down in the start chute when someone tipped onto them. I didn't see it but I knew it was bad when I saw two pink and blue kits walking back to the pits with at least one mangled bike (poor Jane!). Jane was out but Sarah was being set up to get right back in. The pace was crazy fast with primes being announced every couple of laps. Some big names were racing and the VB-K girls were right in there with the big guns - a few of them taking turns off the front. I couldn't tell who was who most of the time but the girls looked FAST. A few photos for you guys:




2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

Wendy rocks.

thanks for the update and pics!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger nicknameless said...

wow...thanks for taking the time to be there and support!

Good luck in the dirt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home