Friday, June 16, 2006

Kele's latest race report: Nature Valley TT

Nature Valley TT

-Kele Murdin

So this was the inaugural ride for my newest addition in to my beloved Kona family of bikes (I am the proud owner of the Queen Zing Road bike, recently purchased a custom Kona track bike, and now I'm riding the Kona TT bike)... The TT here is a short 4.5mi out and back, along Saint Paul's riverfront. There is one small roller, that feels like a mountain when you're racing it, and side winds are always a factor.
The field here is deep and strong this year. This is my third riding of the NV Grand Prix, and I must say the field is deeper than I remember! This is gonna be fun!!
The TT was 9min 45sec of 'Can you go ANY harder??'....but, my hardest would get me a 21st place finish...after the finish was a quick swap of wheels to my teammates Jane Ziegler, and Jen Joynt...sharing that aero love!! It was Jane's first time on try spoke....and she say's unfortunately, it was still hard! Jen Joynt gave it her all, as she learns each TT how to dig harder and harder....it was her first time using a disc! Laurel and Margot, two strong local riders joining us here at NV, respectively had solid rides....Margot enjoyed having a full TT set up!
Results showed Kristin Armstrong beating out Christine by 6.5seconds, w/ a time of 9:25. Allsion Powers was 3rd, 19sec back...Kori Seehafer, Rachael Heel, Erin Willock, Katie Mactier rounded out the next few places...They've set the bar high, tomorrow's a new day!!

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am cheering for you all!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Little_Jewford said...

custom Kona track?!?!?! when do we get see snaps of that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home