Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Shannon Holden Blitz's the Bavarian Bike and Brew Festival in WA


Well my legs worked this weekend even after moving to our new home this week!!!! I wasn't sure if they would after last weekends 24 horus, but on Thursday they still felt like they were on fire if I tried to go hard.

I raced at the Bavarian Bike Brew Festival in Leavenworth, WA. Actually there were two Bellas there, Erika Krumpleman from ID showed! She was awesome and I really enjoyed seeing another Bella at the race (Northwest Bellas in the HOUSE!).

I won (Yippie) and Erika was 2nd in the open field. It was an alright course probably 4 1/2 miles of climbing then all the way back down and around again for 3 laps. My kind of course lots of climbing. I must have done some damage to myself at the 24 hours because both my hands and feet would go numb when downhilling. Hopefully this will resolve soon.

So back in the saddle and racing, I have another race next weekend in Winthrop, WA, and I think our voodoo daddy from Kona, Mark Peterson, helps put it on, so I will be there with extra flair for sure.

Have a great week everyone!

Shannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home