Monday, April 24, 2006

Wente Road Race


by Denise

I raced with the 45+ and Cat 4/35+. I being in the Cat 4 section, was a bit intimidated with all of these highly experienced girls around me.

We rolled out in a nice tight group and I knew we were hitting that hill/feeedzone soon, so I needed to stay in front. That hill was a bit steeper than I recall. Linda, who was racing in the 45+ category told me to stay on her wheel and to only look at her wheel.

Sure enough, she got me to the top lickity split. If it were not for her, I would've slipped off into the hill abyss. THANXS Linda! Cheryl from Left Coast, Pennie from Le Feminine Peleton and I worked together nicely from there on.

Cheryl was the hill climber of our group andkept that screaming pace towards the finish. I tried to get just a millimeter ahead of her, to no avail. I have no idea of where I placed, though I am thinking 10'ish. We waited for 45 minutes for the results to be posted and the shivering took over, so we headed back.

I really like that course and it was so terrific to see all of those Bellas at the finish line.

Photo is from RonaldMariano.com , visit his site for some great shots of the Wente Road Race

7 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home