Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Boulevard Mountains of Pain Road Race


By Raja

As the lone bella representitive at The Boulevard Road Race, I'd just like to say that they should re-name the race to "The Boulevard Mountains of Pain Road Race". With a bit under 4000' of climbing in 45 miles... I was in a world of hurt! You know those cycling muscles in your legs? Well, turns out I'm missing those! No really, I had a great time. (Does that mean I'm a "sick twisted little monkey"??) This was my first road race and considering I've only owned a road bike for 10 months, I'm excited! I finished just behind the lead group... hum, lots of motivation to train a bit harder!

The race actually started last night.. with the careful application of alternating pink & blue nail polish.... limited to supplies on hand, I'm afraid my flair was just not up to par... needed a little more "zing".

The second race (according to my heart rate monitor) was this morning... attempting to warm up on my trainer. I'm spinning easy and notice that my heart rate is already in the 180's. Hum, someone a little nervous? The 30 degree chill didn't help me much, pure So Cal girl... below 70 it's freezing.

Once the race started things got better. I was able to hang with the lead group until the last hill on the first lap (2 lap course) when 4 of us gals got together and attempted to close the gap to the lead group. A friend of mine in CO said "make friends"... so Lisa, thanks! We got within reach and then hit the hills again. Once again, all hell broke loose and I though I was going to die. By the last climb I had managed to out climb the remaining girl that I was riding with and knew the finish was just a solid 4 mile climb away.... and then finished.

So to all your Bellas - you ROCK! All you racers - WOW! This s*^t is HARD! A world of pain.... so where do I sign up for the next one??

4 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home