Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Big Blue 24Hr Lake Tahoe Adventure Race

October 7-8, 2006

We actually finished in 20-hours, and I set a new personal record for chammy-time. All I can say is the Hincapie chamois and the Sheila Moon (racer back) bra can seriously go the distance.
~~~
We started in Carson City, Nevada and pushed our bikes over the mountains to Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe:

More than anything I was excited about eating every hour for 24 hours:

Yeah, there is such a thing as a 3-person kayak. This was more of a scenic tour boat than a lean mean race machine:After a little paddling it was back to dirt (via some pavement). I have no idea what the heck I'm doing in the middle of the road:

Fall colors were great. Not sure why I look somewhat pained in this photo. I thought that started after the sunset:
Mark, our navigational God, seen here preparing for what became an epic run-hike-scramble-walk-crawl: Grant found time to take self-portraits during the race. Bad jokes, good stories, and a smile at 2am help keep you moving:
With our bellies full of chocolate and other goodies we barely noticed the temparature drop below freezing. Not.
Sunday 5:30am. We finished. La la la.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home